Have you ever wondered if you are just a plain old-fashioned atheist or a sleek, new Militant Atheist? Our team of researchers have designed a self-test that you can take in the privacy of your own basement to measure your level of militancy. The test was calibrated using the militant views of modern day New Atheist leaders, so we are confident your score will be meaningful.
The test is below the fold.
1. Which of the following terms would you consider hateful?
d. all of the above
e. a and b only
2. Do you agree with Richard Dawkins that religion is one of the world’s great evils, comparable to the smallpox virus?
3. Do you agree with Richard Dawkins that raising a child to be a Catholic is worse than sexually molesting the child?
4. Which of the following is the world’s greatest evil?
d. a and b
e. all of the above
5. Sam Harris once wrote, “If I could wave a magic wand and get rid of either rape or religion, I would not hesitate to get rid of religion.” Do you agree?
6. How shall we respond to religion?
a. embrace it
b. respect it
c. tolerate it
d. mock and eradicate it
7. Do you agree with Jerry Coyne when he wrote, “it should be illegal to indoctrinate children with religious belief?”
8. If you were a biology professor from a small school in Minnesota and had a creationist student in your class, what woud you do?
a. treat them like any student and simply teach the class
b. resist the temptation to “kick them in the balls”
9. Do you agree with Peter Boghossian that the DSM (the The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) should be changed to classify religious faith as mental illness?
10. Jerry Coyne once wrote, “many of us who feel that the best thing for science—and humanity as a whole—is not respectful dialogue with evangelical Christians, but the eradication of evangelical Christianity.” Do you agree?
Miltant Atheist Answer Key
How to Interpret Your Score
8-10: You are a Champion for Reason and Science! With your help the world will one day be cleansed of the Evil that is religion!
6-7: One day you could be a Champion for Reason and Science, but fear is holding you back. Work on your bravery. Join an atheist club. And donate.
4-5: You possess small seeds of Reason, but it would seem the accomodationists have you under their spell. Buy and read more books by Dawkins and Harris.
2-3: You are an accomodationist with the backbone of a slug. You are boring, weak, and in the way. Move aside.
0 -1: You are an evil, dangerous faith-head! Go find a quiet corner someplace and just die.