According to this article, little children are scared of President-elect Trump.
Here’s a couple of examples:
So many of my friends w/little kids talk about how scared their kids are that Trump will kick their friends out of the US. He’s the bogeyman
— Rosemary Pennington (@rompenni) 17 March 2016
Just before bed, my daughter came to me with a worried look and said, “Dad, I’m scared Trump is going to be the President.”
— Erick Schonfeld (@erickschonfeld) 4 May 2016
Let’s be real here, shall we? If little children are afraid of Trump, it’s very, very likely they are afraid because their parents have taught them to be afraid. In other words, this is the likely outcome of parents indoctrinating their children with their own political views.
Now that’s just fine with me. Republican and Democrat parents have a right to teach their children their political views. It happens all the time.
But according to New Atheist logic, indoctrination is child abuse. Thus, the reason these children are afraid is because their parents have been abusing them with anti-Republican and anti-Trump political rants and sermons for some time now.
And this raises the obvious question. If New Atheists are so opposed to religious indoctrination of children, so much so they label it child abuse, do these Gnus abuse their own children with political indoctrination?
Don’t you think it’s time for New Atheist parents to start practicing what they preach? If you are a New Atheist parent who strongly dislikes Trump, here is what you need to do over the next four years:
- You need to ensure your children are raised in a completely apolitical environment. Only then can they grow up and choose their own political leanings free from the influence of your views and values.
- To accomplish this, you must refrain from making any anti-Trump comments around your children over the next four years.
- You must also make sure not to watch any television network news or talk show that is heavily biased against Trump when your children are around.
- You cannot read any anti-Trump webpages until your children are asleep. Then, you must be sure to turn your computer off when you go to bed.
- Do not put any anti-Trump bumper stickers on your car nor wear any anti-Trump clothing (hats, t-shirts, etc.)
The choice is simple for the next four years. Commit to being completely apolitical around your children or admit you abuse your children.
Of course, we all know there is not a single anti-Trump, Gnu parent out there willing to make that commitment. For it’s not “indoctrination” that they oppose, it’s the religion that they oppose. The “religious indoctrination is child abuse” position is not rooted in any concern about supposedly abused children. It’s just another expression of Gnu hate and bigotry.